Americans are stressed, says the American Psychological Association (APA), and most Americans have trouble relaxing. Isn’t it pleasantly surprising, then, when a humble roofing company can provide you with some blessed relief from the worries of the world? That’s just what we at Moore & Sons Roofing do: we help you relax when thinking about your home’s roof.
Relax, We Got This!
The roofing process is probably a bit of a mystery to you. This is to be expected, since very few Michigan homeowners buy more than a few roofs in their lifetimes. The typical fiberglass-asphalt shingle roof will last between 15 and 30 years; metal roofs last upwards of 50 years. Here is what to expect from Moore & Sons Roofing when we complete a roof replacement for you.
- You call us — Most reputable roofers do not pound the pavement to drum up business; these days, good roofers are in high demand, so we will wait to hear from you regarding a new roof.
- Working with your schedule, a representative will come visit your home to assess your current roof, provide you with some options (repair, replace), and show you the latest products from such world-class manufacturers as Owens Corning.
- You and your roofing representative determine the cut, color and style (no, it is not hair; we are still talking about shingles and metal panels) of your new roof, in shingles or high-quality metal roofing.
- You sign a contract and provide an initial down payment.
- Moore & Sons Roofing uses your up-front payment to order and purchase materials
- An installation date that works around your busy schedule is selected, though the date is weather dependent.
- Installation, which includes tear-off and carting of the old roof and flawless installation of underlayment, water and ice shield, starter shingles, field shingles, flashing, and ridge vents, usually takes no more than two days (depending on the size of your roof, of course).
- Moore & Sons Roofing installs and inspects the new roof, cleans up your yard completely, and takes full payment.
- We are dedicated to your complete satisfaction, so we cheerfully honor callbacks if you spot something just does not sit well with you.
What You Can Do
You may feel a bit overwhelmed by the roofing process, but residential roofing is our specialty. On installation day, you only need to tend to a few details:
- Keep pets and children either inside or in another location, for their safety.
- If possible, park your needed vehicles so you can get to them without using the driveway
- Expect to hear thudding sounds from above throughout the roofing process.
- Remove potted plants and furniture from patios to protect them; these can sit well back in your yard, away from the house.
- Keep the driveway clear for the debris container, our equipment, and materials.
- If you feel comfortable doing so, kindly offer your indoor plumbing to our crew; we start early and end late, and nature does call.
- If possible, stay out of the way of the roof’s edge; old materials come flying off the roof and new materials pass up constantly.
- Always ask your on-site project manager or crew chief if you have any questions about the process.
What We Do
When Moore & Sons roofs a house, we do a first-class job with no cut corners, no shortcuts, and no nonsense. We arrive early in the morning and intend to work a long and fast-moving day. We bring the materials and equipment needed to:
- Completely remove your home’s old roof.
- Remove rubber boots, vent hoods, and other roof piercings as needed.
- Cart away the old roof in a trash container.
- Protect your landscaping and yard plants with tarps.
- Clean as we go, so you will not find bits of flashing, stray roofing nails, or jagged shards of drip edge in your lawn after we leave.
- Replace sheathing as needed.
- Install fresh, new underlayment.
- Install water and ice shield.
- For shingles, we install starter shingles, field shingles in your choice of cut, color, and style (architectural shingles are great for boosting curb appeal), and ridge vents.
- For metal roofing, we install metal panels and ridge vents.
- Remove and replace flashing as needed.
- Replace rotted rubber boots.
- Reinstall vent hoods.
- Clean up, inspect your roof, and pack up to leave.
- Ensure you are completely satisfied with your Grand Rapids home’s new roof!
Most folks can tell the difference between the genuine article and a put-on. At Moore & Sons Roofing, we are the real deal. We are a family-owned, local business with deep roots in Grand Rapids. Please contact us today. Then you, too, can see the difference we can make. We are committed to delivering the highest levels of craftsmanship, professionalism, and customer satisfaction. You will find out we mean it when we say we install the best roof money can buy!